7 September 2014

London Fever

I want to say that a semi-planned trip to London a couple weeks into the autumn semester is more than spontaneity getting the best of me but in reality it's mostly the monotony of adjusting back to a normal school schedule that has me itching for adventure and a little diversity- a bit of travel induced frenzy, if you will.

Going to lectures, reading and pretty much living mathematics day in, day out for a whole semester isn't really that thrilling, so my sister and I went ahead and penciled a trip in our calendars in order to break routine.

Needless to say, a couple days before the flight and I have a bad case of London fever. Who wouldn't?

I adore the liveliness of the city and I always enjoy myself so much there. Either that or I'm blind-sighted by the shopping and restaurant/cafe hopping opportunities I'm presented with whenever I'm there. Regardless, I'm thrilled and can't really contain my excitement. I mostly spent the weekend funnelling all of this renewed energy into planning and preparing, the process of which has sprung on memories from last year's trip (which was great fun). I figured posting the photos would give me an opportunity to reminisce and temporarily fill the void that I can't help but feel.

_MG_0687
_MG_0675
(Our hotel was a gem, though it was a bit far out.)

_MG_0713

_MG_0839

_MG_0833

_MG_0754

_MG_0743

_MG_0735

Had the pleasure of stumbling upon the East India Company flagship store and indulged myself in some tea ware.

1. IMG_8828


We finally visited the V&A museum and it has so much to offer and everything inside is stunning, to say the least.

IMG_8723

IMG_8754

IMG_8753

IMG_8750


IMG_8933